Re: Version handling?

On 14/06/2011 14:17, David Morrison wrote:

Anybody know of an existing way to select a batch of pic and pull out
the last version, or original if no versions exist, and then delete
everything else?

David Morrison
Dallas, TX

I may have misunderstood but I sorta do this when I rename files. Typically I go through an import roll, cropping, tagging and straightening until I'm happy, then I export the batch. Once exported I run a script that renames the files based on the tags in the files. I delete the files in f-spot, then re-import.

It sounds a bit convoluted but exporting/re-importing is something I do a lot and it's surprisingly easy. Especially since I discovered (from a post on this list ages ago) that it's possible to drag and drop straight out of f-spot into a directory.

Dougie