Re: Questions to thumbnails in preview/search modus of F-Spot

Dear Stephane,

Am Freitag, den 09.05.2008, 08:24 +0200 schrieb Stephane Delcroix:
> Dear Paul (or Ron),
>
> this can not be the case by default for obvious privacy reasons (I can
> explain that longer if you want to).
>
> I'll think about allowing that kind of things when/if I
> rewrite/de-gnomify the thumbnail hashing code.

I could also think of an option to specify the thumbnail path. But on a
downside GNOME would still generate extra thumbnails for displaying them
in e. g. Nautilus. Assuming that they are just generated when the
folders is opened, then that would not be such a big problem, since most
of the people look at the pictures with F-Spot and not with Nautilus.

> say "hi" to Carla

I would, but Ron and Carla were just made up for the use case.

Thanks a lot,

Paul