Questions to thumbnails in preview/search modus of F-Spot

Dear list readers,

I have three questions.

1. Where does f-spot save the thumbnails?

2. To improve the situation in [1] I think it would be beneficial for
disk space and time, that I can also share the thumbnail folder. Do you
know of a way to do that?

3. Yesterday f-spot took a long time (approx. 3 minutes) to create the
thumbnails for 600 images with a size of 2 MB. How long does this
usually take for you?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2008-April/msg00043.html