Re: Questions to thumbnails in preview/search modus of F-Spot

F-Spot does follow the freedesktop.org thumbnail specification:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~vuntz/thumbnail-spec-cache/

> 1. Where does f-spot save the thumbnails?
~/.thumbnails

> 2. To improve the situation in [1] I think it would be beneficial for
> disk space and time, that I can also share the thumbnail folder. Do you
> know of a way to do that?
it does, with other applications using the same standard

> 3. Yesterday f-spot took a long time (approx. 3 minutes) to create the
> thumbnails for 600 images with a size of 2 MB. How long does this
> usually take for you?
that's "normal", but don't run the "Regenerate thumbnails" command,
f-spot will generate thumbs at the time it needs them