Re: Synchronizing

Hi,

You may  all have noticed from my persistent blog posts [0] on planet GNOME that recent Conduit [1] releases (and SVN) support two way sync of FSpot instances over the local network. I encourage you to check it our and report feedback in #conduit

Basically, for a quick run down on how to do that see here [2]

Conduit talks to FSpot over its dbus interface. It gets files (and associated metadata) and pushes it to another FSpot instance on the local network. Currently, if you want to sync two Fspot instances without metadata loss, this is what must be done. If you sync via an intermediary such as a folder you will lose all metadata [3]. I have a few ideas for solutions to get around this [4].