When is it safe to Quit?

I notice that starting f-spot on the command line gives me lots of information about what's going on. Often it chatters away even though I have finished an operation and f-spot has given me back control. e.g. Multiple tagging.

Is it safe to Quit while there is activity in the terminal window? For example, I notice occasionally I get messages such as
(f-spot:14532): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: GdkPixbufLoader finalized without calling gdk_pixbuf_loader_close() - this is not allowed. You must explicitly end the data stream to the loader before dropping the last reference.
even though there appears to be no adverse effect.

Dougie