Re: Sorting photos

* Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com>:
> True, but F-Spot stores all the tag in standard XMP format embedded in
> the photos, so you will still be able to get the tags.
> Also, F-Spot stores all the photos in date order by default (unless
> you choose to just link to the original location), so you will be
> able to find the photos anyway nicely.

Agreed, but for first time users it would still be a lot easier if
sorting by folders would be better implemented. I already found a
feature request from last year about this, unfortunatly without a
result so far :)
Using folders for picture-sorting is most likely the best way to not
get locked to any software (not every software supports XMP, but most
likely folders).
And marking pictures with the mousepointer definitly should be easier
(well, currently it simply doesn't work).

Well, I guess I'll have to spend some hours to get my fotos organized.

--
Fridtjof Busse