Re: Comments on fullscreen dialog

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 12:27:26PM -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that trying to use monodevelop and
> glade2 (ver 2.12.1-5ubuntu2 per edgy/universe) has been my issue.
>
> My greatest concern, and the reason I speak up on thread like this on, is
> usability.  I'd like to contribute to the UI, but cannot even do something
> as simple as add a shortcut to an entry in the menubar.  ("Tags>Remove Tag
> >From Selection" to be specific.)  I prefer vim for all my development, but
> editing f-spot.glade directly didn't seem to have the results (any actually)
> I expected.  I "grabbed at straws" for a month and haven't done much but
> send emails since.  That's not the kind of contributor I'd like to be.

If you know how to use vi then you should be familiar with the
Console.WriteLine() method in C# for debugging purposes.

The f-spot.glade file is compiled in as a resource so you need to make
&& make install to see the affect of changes to this file.

I'm using glade-3 for the Facebook exporter but it mangles the f-spot.glade
file so it's hard to diff against.  When I submit my patches I plan to
re-edit with vi.  No biggy.