Re: Comments on fullscreen dialog

On 4/5/07, Richard Bronosky <mythtv bronosky com> wrote:
On 4/5/07, George Talusan <george convolve ca> wrote:

> Trying to put f-spot into a monodevelop solution is more trouble than
> it's worth because it relies on locally built native libraries.  This
> requires LD_LIBRARY path and scripting magic when deploying the
> application to a staging/debug directory.

Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that trying to use monodevelop and
glade2 (ver 2.12.1-5ubuntu2 per edgy/universe) has been my issue.

My greatest concern, and the reason I speak up on thread like this on, is
usability.  I'd like to contribute to the UI, but cannot even do something
as simple as add a shortcut to an entry in the menubar.  ("Tags>Remove Tag
From Selection" to be specific.)  I prefer vim for all my development, but
editing f-spot.glade directly didn't seem to have the results (any actually)
I expected.  I "grabbed at straws" for a month and haven't done much but
send emails since.  That's not the kind of contributor I'd like to be.

I had problems working with the UI at first too.  Stephane sent out an
email on the mailinglist in February about this.  Basically, before
you do anything, you need to follow a few hackish steps to get Glade
to only update the .glade file where you changed things, instead of
the whole file (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2007-February/msg00092.html).
Also, you are using the right version of Glade (at least, it's the
same version as what I have, and I've had no problems lately).

If you've done those steps, then there might be other things to
consider.  If you've added a file, you probably need to put it into
the make file.  If so, I think you need to run autogen again as well.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.