Re: Comments on fullscreen dialog

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:14:01AM -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I've found f-spot Extremely difficult to contribute to.  The community is
> not the problem.  But getting a development workflow established is absolute
> voodoo.  If you do manage to get setup to do any valid code changes, please
> share the how-to/caveats.

What's the problem here?

1. Get f-spot from svn
2. Run ./autogen.sh and fix any build dependencies you're missing
3. Go to src directory and make your changes.
4. Run make
5. sudo make install
6. Type f-spot and test your changes
7. Repeat as necessary

Trying to put f-spot into a monodevelop solution is more trouble than
it's worth because it relies on locally built native libraries.  This
requires LD_LIBRARY path and scripting magic when deploying the
application to a staging/debug directory.