Re: RAW/Versioning improvement ideas

Yes I've looked at UFRaw.  In fact I looked at using it as my basis
while I wrote gnome-raw-thumbnailer but fell back to plain old dcraw.

It's good but it's not as good as Bibble especially when it comes to
workflow on hundreds of photographs.

Turning F-Spot into the kitchen sink of digital photography is an
admirable goal however there's more to this than just RAW processing.
Management of digital photographs should be similar to the way a
law-firm manages legal documents.  There should be a well-defined life
cycle for a photograph from the moments you take it and import it into
F-Spot.  Versioning of each step of the post-process, whether it's
scaling, sharpening, exporting, etc., should be recorded as a
non-destructive operation.  Archiving or storage retention (i.e., keep a
photograph for X number of time units before backing up) of photographs
is also an important feature that is missing.

I know there exist Bugzilla entries for these things.

A few days ago I ran GAPI over the GEGL CVS to create C# bindings.  It
kind of works but GEGL itself needs a bit of love.. see my post on
gegl-dev.  This would probably be a good starting point.

george