Re: 30+ patches in BugZilla.

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 08:44 +0200, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 2006/5/18, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com>:
> >
> > In the mean time, it sure would help if more people tested the patches,
> > and updated BugZilla with the result of their review and testing.
> >

> As you mentioned, Larry "confessed" yesterday on irc that he would
> like this to happen.  There is a group of people who regularly send
> patches in, but it is my impression that we don't do a lot of review
> of other people's stuff.  So it would be great if we started doing
> this, because
> a) more testing and commenting means better code,
> b) when time goes by, some of these tester could achieve more
> responsiblility -> then that would make f-spot less dependant on Larry
> (even though i believe he's doing the best he can) -> development
> doesn't stop when Larry is "out" for a while.

I can't stress enough how much this would help.  Reviewing and testing
other patches will tend to speed up the processing of that patch earn
the trust of the other developers and make you more familiar with the
code.  Just remember if you do find problems to treat everyone involved
with respect when pointing them out.

> As these "patch-senders" should have some familiarity already with
> f-spot's code, i think we can achieve this.  Maybe the 30+ patches are
> a good starting point?

sounds like a great plan.

> So, come on people, let's make f-spot's progress fly again!

well said.

--Larry