Re: Why wont it do what I want it to do?

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 07:03 +0200, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 01:08 +0200, nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> > the "importing" behaviour described by Janne in his mail has always
> > occurred to me too.
> >
> > I have my images in /mnt/fat32partition/images.
> >
> > Importing them in F-Spot has always caused the creation of
> > a /home/user/Photos directory exactly the *same* size
> > of /mnt/fat32part/images before said and with an internal structure
> > as: /home/user/Photos/year/month/day/filename.jpg
> >

> What I think has happened to both of you is the following.  When you
> open the import dialog and select a directory before you uncheck the
> "copy" button, I think - but I might be wrong, I would have to check -
> that f-spot copies the photos to the Photos directory.  If you then
> uncheck the button and perform the actual import, everything is imported
> correctly, but the Photos directory is not cleaned up accordingly.

Right this is roughly the version of the bug that dapper shipped with
iirc.  The latest code fixes all this hoop jumping as well.

> > This has happened to me at least with Ubuntu 5.10, Ubuntu 6.06, Mandriva
> > 2006, SUSE 10.0 and Fedora Core 5, rightafter importing images in F-Spot
> > at it's first launch. So it gotta be a pretty common problem.
> >

> If I'm not mistaken, there have been several fixes for this in CVS head,
> which are not in any released version yet.  Larry, can you confirm this?

I can, and as I've said in this an other messages this is fixed in cvs
trunk and stable.  I'd happily release a new stable version today if I
had any reason to believe the various distributions would ship it, but
they are all currently frozen so the utility of doing that is
questionable.

--Larry