Re: Why wont it do what I want it to do?

Hi all,

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 01:08 +0200, nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> the "importing" behaviour described by Janne in his mail has always
> occurred to me too.
>
> I have my images in /mnt/fat32partition/images.
>
> Importing them in F-Spot has always caused the creation of
> a /home/user/Photos directory exactly the *same* size
> of /mnt/fat32part/images before said and with an internal structure
> as: /home/user/Photos/year/month/day/filename.jpg

What I think has happened to both of you is the following.  When you
open the import dialog and select a directory before you uncheck the
"copy" button, I think - but I might be wrong, I would have to check -
that f-spot copies the photos to the Photos directory.  If you then
uncheck the button and perform the actual import, everything is imported
correctly, but the Photos directory is not cleaned up accordingly.

> This has happened to me at least with Ubuntu 5.10, Ubuntu 6.06, Mandriva
> 2006, SUSE 10.0 and Fedora Core 5, rightafter importing images in F-Spot
> at it's first launch. So it gotta be a pretty common problem.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been several fixes for this in CVS head,
which are not in any released version yet.  Larry, can you confirm this?

Best Regards,
Thomas