Re: Why wont it do what I want it to do?

Hi Janne,

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 20:56 +0300, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 19:11 +0200, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
> > Thank you for so much friendliness.  Instead of just going into one long
> > rant, it would maybe have been a better idea to:
>
> I apologize for my negativity. I really do. I had just spent quite a bit
> of time importing pictures, only to find out that I had bunch of photos
> in place where I did not want them. So I was quite pissed off when I
> wrote my initial message.

I understand you were pissed off, but admit you were a bit hard ;-)

> > 2. ask someone on irc, or on the mailing list to see if they could
> > reproduce the behaviour
>
> Well, I thought that I just described my problem.

Yeah, you _kind of_ described your problem, but you left out a lot of
details:

* what version of f-spot are you running?
* are you running a distro version, if so what is it?
* what exact operation did you perform before you arrived in your
miserable state :-p

What I suggest you do is the following:
* remove the f-spot sqlite db, it's ~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db
* re-start f-spot, perform the import again but uncheck the "copy"
checkbox _before_ you select a folder to import from
* open the f-spot database by executing
$sqlite ~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db
* perform a select * from photos go and look at the paths that appear in
the output: do they point to your original directory or to the local
~/Photos dir?

Regards,
Thomas