Re: My top Goal list

On Mon Aug 28 at 13:32 (+0200), Marcus Hast wrote:
> I haven't looked at how versions are implemented now, but does it
> really make sense to have this information in the images?

It's part of the XMP spec and can prove useful.

> It seems like it would make more sense to have it in the database,
> possibly with the option to write out to images for compatability.

Certainly writing it to the images doesn't rule out writing it to the
db. And "writing to the files" can mean writing to a sidecar file too.

> Also from the XMP specification it seems like it supports branching
> and "global history" for files. (History means AFAIK that information
> about all other versions is stored in each version of the file.) Is
> this supported by F-Spot today?

Nope, not supported atm. Note that writing the whole history is not a
requirement in the spec.

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news