Re: My top Goal list

On 8/27/06, Marcus Hast <marcushast gmail com> wrote:
* Grouping / Stacking and handling versioning/tagging with this
properly. (So an image can be a "version" of a group, eg panorama or
HDR composite.) It should be possible to have recursive behaviour.
(This means that the "group" of images needs to be a F-Spot object
which can have tags attached etc.)

Would be a very useful feature.

* Printing support. The basics would be that the same sizes aren't
used everywhere. So it should be possible to alter the crop ratios
depending on what you want to print. A basic aid for printing could be
to add a "DPI" calcuation for the image. This would aid the user
before printing. More advanced features would be to make it possible
to create collages or print on several pages (eg to make "cheap"
panorama prints).

We might be able to borrow code from or externally call
"gnome-photo-printer" and "poster".

* Modularize effects. Make a standard interface to handle effects.
This could quite possibly be handled better with a plugin API.

http://www.gegl.org/ was mentioned a few days ago by Neilen Marais.

* Import RAW+JPEG. I would like if my RAW+JPEG shots were
automagically imported as one image. The RAW would be the original
image and the JPEG would be a version of it.

I think the easiest way would be to check exif data (time being most
important, what about burst mode?). Otherwise, we could do some sort
of optical comparison.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --Benjamin