Re: My top Goal list

On Sun Aug 27 at 19:39 (+0200), Marcus Hast wrote:
> * Import RAW+JPEG. I would like if my RAW+JPEG shots were
> automagically imported as one image. The RAW would be the original
> image and the JPEG would be a version of it.
>
> Some of these are pretty easy (RAW+JPEG import) and some are way
> harder (I imagine multihead would be tricky.)

I had a look at this and it's not as easy as it seems, because of how
versions are handled at the moment. I think the right way to do this
would be to first start handling versions using XMP metadata (the spec
defines a field precisely for that purpose) and then make the JPG a
version of the RAW.

Even though I say it's not as easy as it seems, there's no reason why it
should be *that* hard. Unfortunately, I've had so little time to work on
this that I've made very little progress. So if somebody else would like
to take it, be my guest. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'll implement this,
eventually.

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news