Re: Nondestructive photo-retouching/editing, implementation using GEGL?

On 8/28/06, Neilen Marais <nmarais snowisp com> wrote:
Hi

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to implement as little as possible
of the low-level image-manipulation functionality in F-spot itself. The
goals of the GEGL http://www.gegl.org/ library, which also aims to be the
back-end of GIMP seems like it can be quite useful

I think it is an excelent idea!  Their homepage even says on the first page:

"If you actually need an image processing library soon, and are not interested in working on one, let us know what you need, we would like to work on it."

Image operations are specified in an XML file, which would make it quite
easy to store manipulations in the F-Sport DB. This would also make
it possibe to import/export image manipulations for use with other
apps.

Very useful