My top Goal list

Hi Guys

As per the AP from last Meeting, here is my small list of goals I would
like to see implemented sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to see other peoples suggestions.
Hopefully we can break this down to the most 10 most wanted features,
and try to implement them as soon as possible.

/Bengt

In no particular order...

      * Unit Test
	To ensure that no faults are introduced now or later
      * Last 20 rolls
	Make it easy to tag the latest imported photos, instead of
	looking at 10,000 photos, you will only work with 20-150 photos
	at a time.
      * Plugin (import/export/edit)
	This is one of the most important patches and will enable a lot
	of various plugins to surface in short order. We need to ensure
	there are good hooks for Import (gthumb, I-Photo etc),
	export (DVD Slideshow, Picasa web etc), and Edit (BW, Sepia,
	tilt etc)
      * Async
	This will improve the general feeling of f-spot quite a bit.
	Right now it takes a long time to tag a lot of photos.
      * New Metadata dialog
	The current dialog really need improvements. A window with
	various tabs, and where some parameters can be edited directly.
      * Better Main Window with displaying various tags/data from
        picture
	User can specify what to display in the main window. A Pro
	might want to see all tech details, while his mother is more
	interested in locations.
      * Time Widget, and issue with Camera time, Computer time, and
        photo time
	Still a problem with the three different timezones in regards
	to the photo. Timezone of the camera, computer and the photo.
	F-Spot converts the EXIF time to UTC, but without knowing
	Cameras, nor Photos, timezone.
      * Duplicate detection
	A lot of people imports the same photo multiple times.
      * Query branch
	This is one of the most wanted patches for a loooong time.
      * Pan+Zoom to Slideshow
	This effect is absolutely superb! Just check the I-Photo
	slideshow.
      * Finish Loupe
	Loupe is hidden from users, but the code is there. Get it
	finalized :)