Re: [Evolution] New button no longer works

Yep. That worked Milan. Thanks. I'm going to be setting up another Linux box tomorrow so thought I'd try this.

Worked well. Saves a few minutes and has the bonus of delivering my tasks too.

Sure appreciate Matt too. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Clark

Clark Dowding, GM
Famous Brains Inc.
435-856-3252 Office
www.FamousBrains.com
“Website & Online Advertising Professionals"

---- On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:59:52 -0700 Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> wrote ---

On Thu, 2022-09-22 at 13:11 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> How do I get back my New button functionality?

    Hi,
I guess your distro updated glib (sometimes called glib2) under the
hood. They changed some behavior in glib, which breaks this. Try to
move to another view and back (Ctrl+2, followed by Ctrl+1), which
should populate the New button (and the File->New menu) again.

The shortcuts still work, Ctrl+Shift+M should open the new mail message
composer window.

For the reference, it's filled as:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1969

    Bye,