Re: [Evolution] Logwatch reports segmentation faults in Evolution

On Fri, 2022-09-23 at 12:47 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
wrote:
I'm on Evolution 3.45.3-2 and my logwatch has been reporting
segmentation faults for the last few days.

        Hi,
I do not know what logwatch is, nor how one gets more detailed
information out of it, but if you face evolution process crashes, then
I suggest to run it from a terminal under gdb and get the backtrace
when the crash happens. Note the gdb will catch it and will wait for an
input while the GUI will look frozen. A command can be:

   $ gdb evolution --ex r

and once it stops do:

   (gdb) bt

to print the current thread backtrace. An information before this
command can be useful too, possibly showing some runtime warnings. To
quit gdb simply execute command in its prompt:

   (gdb) q

Please check the backtrace for any private information, like passwords,
email addresses, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).

        Bye,
        Milan