Re: [Evolution] Evolution or dbus issue ?

On 2022-09-13 at 16:57 -0500, Anonymous Japhering wrote:
Evolution 3.44.4 (by Flathub.org)
Linux Mint 20.3 Una
Linux 5.15.0-46-generic #49~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
Default browser:  Brave

For the last couple of weeks, I have been seeing a new behavior while
using Evolution.  Previous when I open
a link in Evolution, it would open in the default browser as a new
tab (browser is always open).

However, now I'm seeing  the link open is the already running
instance of Brave as well as a completely new
instance of Brave being started.

Anyone else seeing this?    Is this a new quirk in Evolution or a bug
in dbus?

Thanks

When you open a new link, the program (evolution here) will -af ter sme
indirections- launch a new copy of your browser (here, brave), which
would detect it is already running and open the link on a new
window/tab in the exiting window.

The flatpak sandbox may be confusing brave.

Your problem seems quite similar to
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-August/msg00107.html
but in the opposite way.
Are you also using wayland?