[Evolution] Evolution or dbus issue ?

Evolution 3.44.4 (by Flathub.org)
Linux Mint 20.3 Una
Linux 5.15.0-46-generic #49~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
Default browser:  Brave

For the last couple of weeks, I have been seeing a new behavior while using Evolution.  Previous when I open
a link in Evolution, it would open in the default browser as a new tab (browser is always open).

However, now I'm seeing  the link open is the already running instance of Brave as well as a completely new
instance of Brave being started.

Anyone else seeing this?    Is this a new quirk in Evolution or a bug in dbus?

Thanks