Re: [Evolution] Evolution or dbus issue ?

On Wed, 2022-09-14 at 02:33 +0200, Ángel wrote:
On 2022-09-13 at 16:57 -0500, Anonymous Japhering wrote:
Evolution 3.44.4 (by Flathub.org)
Linux Mint 20.3 Una
Linux 5.15.0-46-generic #49~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
Default browser:  Brave

For the last couple of weeks, I have been seeing a new behavior while
using Evolution.  Previous when I open
a link in Evolution, it would open in the default browser as a new
tab (browser is always open).

However, now I'm seeing  the link open is the already running
instance of Brave as well as a completely new
instance of Brave being started.

Anyone else seeing this?    Is this a new quirk in Evolution or a bug
in dbus?

Thanks

When you open a new link, the program (evolution here) will -af ter sme
indirections- launch a new copy of your browser (here, brave), which
would detect it is already running and open the link on a new
window/tab in the exiting window.

The flatpak sandbox may be confusing brave.

It is more like Flatpak is confused.   As both a new Brave window opens, but the link is opened
in the existing Brave.  It is like  Flatpak  see a link click .. starts a new instance of the default
browser before checking to see if one is already running and then checks, detects the original
instance of the browser and had hands the link to the original instance.

Your problem seems quite similar to
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-August/msg00107.html
but in the opposite way.

I don't see it .   This is about Chrome not opening a mailto: link when the default mail client is
set to Evolution

Are you also using wayland?

No, I am not.