Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Sat, 2022-10-22 at 09:53 -0500, Anonymous Japhering wrote:
Groups.io is interesting but also there are a few concerning things
The free level only allows up to 100 members -- how many folks are in
 the current list?

 All levels have restrictions on archive size:  1GB, 30GB, 1TB.

https://riseup.net/en/lists/list-admin/configuration/creating-lists

I created a ticket at https://support.riseup.net/en/topics/new .

Email:      ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Name:       Ralf Mardorf
Group/Team: Lists
Subject:    Freedom of Internet users

Message:

Hi,

I suspect that a FLOSS mailing list for a MUA doesn't fit the "only
requirement" "that the list must be used for radical social change."
OTOH fighting against nowadays Internet lifestyle by some of us is
considered "a progressive, radical, or revolutionary nature", hence this
request.

Evolution is a full featured FLOSS MUA, that can replace proprietary
solutions for almost everything. The GNOME project informed the
subscribers of the Evolution mailing list 11 days before it will be
dropped. The list is discontinued at the end of this month, see
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2022-October/msg00128.html
.

The replacement is https://discourse.gnome.org/ , a forum with levels,
badges, no real archive, sending mails with remote content. Our
community is being threatened by decay, since we can't stand this
approach, that is a copy of proprietary approaches, that aren't good for
the freedom of Internet usage.

Apart from jokes related to the Vogons, we don't have fun, but instead
we suffer from fear to loose another free community.

I wonder if you would allow us to migrate this list to lists.riseup.net
. Almost all subscribers don't care about GNOME at all, we care about a
good MUA and a lot of users aren't willing to follow GNOME's migration
to Discourse.

AFAIK we are around 900 subscribers, used to send plain text emails
without attachments.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: