Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 14:57 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Evolution is one of the few Gnome apps I use (my desktop is KDE) and I
seriously do *not* want to have to deal with this on a message-by-
message basis.

Hi,

Evolution isn't the only GNOME app I've got installed, but to my
knowledge it's the only one I'm using. I would be surprised, if another
app I'm using is a GNOME app, too.

To me receiving "Nautilus" related messages, is the same as receiving
(other) spam. IOW at the moment I receive lots of spam from Discourse
GNOME.

I'm on several technical mailing lists, each of them with their own
management. What they largely have in common is a set of common
practices which people have become used to over a period of many
years. The Gnome lists appear to be moving to platform which is
radically different from every other list I'm on, and which requires a
new set of tools to manage. This is a lot of pain for zero gain as far
as I'm concerned.

It already starts with the multipart messages sent by Discourse. I can't
disable HTML, since administrative bodies etc. tend to send HTML emails.
From a mailing list I expect to get plain text emails, no multipart, no
HTML. HTML is a PITA. I don't expect proper emails from administrative
bodies etc., but from BSD and Linux communities I expect a little bit
more familiarity related to emails.

Regards,
Ralf