Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 22:58 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:

Each Discourse category comes with an email endpoint, let's say you want
to create a new thread under the Applications category, you can send an
email to theapplications discourse gnome org email and it gets
automatically posted to Discourse, like you do today with Mailman. In the
background we can configure an automatic tag, that is whenever the
Evolution or Evo (or anything you prefer) word is mentioned (similar to
what happens today with Mailman list name tag on subjects) the "evolution"
tag is automatically added to your thread, that eases consumption by your
contributors which have watchers defined for the "evolution" tag.

I'm more than happy to work with you guys to ease this transition. But
please keep in mind that nobody is forcing you to use a web forum,
Discourse (NOT Discord) can also work as a plain mailing list (please see
Andre's mail [1] around this), so don't be alarmed.

Hi!

I'd like to see this automation in action first, if possible.

Pete Biggs raises a valid point about the "evolution of Evince" though.
Would this be tagged as an Evolution Mail topic then?
How "smart" is this automation?

What needs to be done/okayed/whatever to have you(?) set this up for us to
try out?

Before somebody asks, I'm just a lowly enduser and have no idea about
automatic tagging on web forums and stuff like that.
I just want to use the information available here in a fast and easy
fashion. :-)

--
Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

# They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a
# motorcycle, and that's pretty damn close!