Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 12:47 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
If this is real, then the "communicating" has been sadly lacking. This
is the first I've heard of it.

I'm sorry, but I find "Forum" type things, which I believe is what
Discourse is, not at all intuitive and I hate dealing with them. Is
there to be no way of contributing sensibly using email - yes, I've
read the post from "Jehan" - it looks like it's a distinct kludge to
interact with it via email.

I echo what Pete has to say here.

I, for one, will not be using a Discourse forum.  The entire appeal of
a mailing list is the ability to digest and handle messages as I
please, not to fiddle around in a web page trying to find what I'm
looking for.

Ten days notice when even the mailing list moderator is unaware is not
in any way reasonable.  It is a clear sign that this issue has not,
despite assertions to the contrary, been discussed properly.