Re: [Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designed to go?

On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 13:49 -0600, Greg Oliver via evolution-list wrote:
Do you really think Canonical understands linux?  They have zero
developers in the kernel development process, plus Debian only has (2)
that I know of..  So, please do not use distros as live bait - it is
inappropriate - you use software from a distro that has no regard for
how the kernel / OS actually works - just a bunch of js programmers.

Hi,

I'm probably the last to like the steps in the wrong direction being
taken by Ubuntu, let alone my production machine running Arch Linux.
However, I seriously doubt that at least the Ubuntu Security Team and/or
Canonical Security Team are "just a bunch of js programmers".

The snap route is freakish and all the harder to understand by assuming
they know what they're doing.

Regards,
Ralf