Re: [Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designedto go?

On Mon, 2022-11-07 at 20:01 +0800, Mike Lieberman wrote:
I used installed the 3.46.1 (by Flathub.org) version. My OS didn't like
it but it did install and the problem I was having is gone. This
version is working.

I presume you understand that Flatpak versions run in a sanboxed
environment?  I'm not sure of the current state of the newest versions
and how they interact with the host OS, but that sandboxing has caused
issues in the past (although we are seeing fewer help requests about
them).

The new flathub install software center is not liked by Debian. And the
code Debian is installing is a problem.

If you mean the Evolution version that Debian installs, then no, you
are not correct.  It is all OK.  What appears to be the issue is that
the backend databases that contain Evolution operational data are a
newer version than your version of Evolution is expecting: as Evolution
is developed, new features are added that require updates to the
database schema. These updates are not backward compatible, so if you
try and run an older version of Evolution after running a newer
version, you will get errors and odd behaviour.

So, did you run a different/newer version of Evolution before going
back to using the default version for your OS?  (Note that I don't know
if the flatpak version uses the same data locations now - I don't use
flatpak at all, so someone with more knowledge will be able to say.)

Nevertheless, Milan has given you all the information you need to clean
up your configuration to start anew.

P.