Re: [Evolution] What do I do now? V2

On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 18:02 +0100, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
Dnia  2.11.2022 o godz. 12:36:54 Paul Smith pisze:
to create such a list, and (b) someone with admin privileges to the
current list to get all the subscriber emails so they can be bulk-
added.  I know that moderators don't have such privileges (I run
some
mailman lists myself as an admin, with some moderators helping).

It depends on the settings of the particular list. You can configure
the
list so that even any subscriber has access to the subscribers list.

Of course, this list can be quite possibly configured so that only
admin has
access to that list.

The moderators can see all the subscribers. However that data is not
available to us as a simple text file, CSV file or database, but as a
set of web pages, ordered alphabetically. There are no facilities for
dumping the entire list, or for uploading a list of subscribers. There
may be such things in Mailman3, but currently we have Mailman2 and
Gnome isn't going to change it.

So sending individual messages to each member means doing it manually
850 or so times or writing some web-scraping software to get the info.
No thanks.

Clearly the transition to Discourse will use some automated procedure,
but that's under the control of Gnome admins, not us.

poc