Re: [Evolution] Move Evolution disk

On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 15:22 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:
On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 10:18 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
What exactly is being unlocked here? Evo doesn't use Kwallet for
anything. Do you mean the system is asking for authorization to
mount
the drive? That has nothing to do with Evo either.

That's interesting, so I experimented. I cut back to just the one
machine, everything's on it, nothing mounted from outside.

When I start Evo I get a (modal) dialog asking me to unlock login
keyring because it didn't get unlocked when I logged in.  I can't do
*anything* else with the computer before I give it my keyring
password.
I tried clicking on everything and anything before giving in.

Evo's dialogue has nothing to do with Kwallet but with gnome-keyring.
The corresponding app for managing the keyring is seahorse, which you
can run from the terminal. Normally if the keyring password is the same
as the local user login password, this isn't necessary, but IIRC there
can be a timing issue with older versions of Evo which cause the
dialogue to pop up randomly on KDE. Personally I haven't seen this
happen recently with an up to date system, but it used to happen quite
a lot.

poc