Re: [Evolution] Move Evolution disk

On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 10:49 +0100, Mark Stanton wrote:
This works just fine, but when I restart the machine actually holding
the files (eg for a reboot after a kernel update) I have to unlock it
by supplying my password to KDE Wallet.

        Hi,
do you restart that server while having Evolution running? Note that
Evolution uses background processes provided by the evolution-data-
server, which are not closed when the Evolution is closed. The restart
under the hood can cause breakage of the data stored there.

You can use:

   $ evolution --force-shutdown

to stop also the background processes and if nothing else is using (and
starting) them, you should have:

   $ ps ax | grep evolution

with no "evolution-..." processes in the list.
        Bye,
        Milan