Re: [Evolution] Move Evolution disk

On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 09:49 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:
On Sun, 2022-03-06 at 22:26 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Sun, 2022-03-06 at 21:09 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:
My Evo setup is on the only disk in a (Linux) machine.  I want to
move
it to be an "additional" disk in a server.

By "setup" you mean configuration settings and data?

I can easily do this and mount the email/&tc files in the right
places
on my workstation but I can't then access them because the wallet
fails
to unlock (I think).

What makes you think so? Please elaborate what you have tried and
what
does happen, preferably without paraphrasing.

Also, which Evolution version, which desktop environment, which
distro?

Thanks Andre, my bad, not a terribly helpful initial message of mine.
Ok.

I currently have Evo 3.42.4 on my old(er) Linux (Fedora 35)
workstation.
I access it from my new machine by nfs mounting the entire Evo setup
(files in ~/.config/evolution and ~/.local/share/evolution) to "the
same places" on the new machine.  This works just fine, but when I
restart the machine actually holding the files (eg for a reboot after
kernel update) I have to unlock it by supplying my password to KDE
Wallet.

What exactly is being unlocked here? Evo doesn't use Kwallet for
anything. Do you mean the system is asking for authorization to mount
the drive? That has nothing to do with Evo either.

You may want to check the mount options in /etc/fstab (e.g. allow user
processes to mount the drive without requiring root.)

I want to scrap the old machine (to reduce the number of computers
under my desk) but want to keep the disk, so it seems easiest to
simply
add the disk to my server (Fedora server, also 35) and mount the
relevant directories from there.

I can do that successfully but on starting Evolution, it fails to
appear. Looking at the system monitor shows it has started but is in
"disk sleep" state.  I haven't been able to find anything useful in
the
system log. To write this I have had to revert to my old setup so
can't
easily retry.

Can you access the disk from (say) the command line?

poc