Re: [Evolution] Move Evolution disk

On Mon, 2022-03-07 at 10:18 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
What exactly is being unlocked here? Evo doesn't use Kwallet for
anything. Do you mean the system is asking for authorization to mount
the drive? That has nothing to do with Evo either.

That's interesting, so I experimented. I cut back to just the one
machine, everything's on it, nothing mounted from outside.

When I start Evo I get a (modal) dialog asking me to unlock login
keyring because it didn't get unlocked when I logged in.  I can't do
*anything* else with the computer before I give it my keyring password.
I tried clicking on everything and anything before giving in.

At that point I went to the Evo window and it was showing a warning
message (& several subsequent ones when as I dismissed it and them)
complaining that it couldn't log in to a (named) mail account.

So I would guess that you're initially right that Evolution itself
doesn't use the keyring, but since my mail accounts *do* use it to
supply passwords, it comes to the same thing.

Would that be a fair analysis?

So, if it's the mail accounts (I have several on various services) that
use the keyring, how do I achieve my aim of moving the disk?

In answer to

Can you access the disk from (say) the command line?

Yes, the whole disk, and the specific mounts required for Evolution are
all present and correct.

Mark