Re: [Evolution] GMail & OAuth?

On Sat, 2022-03-05 at 19:11 -0800, Robert McDonald wrote:
I got the same email about the May 30 deadline for both of my GMail
accounts, so today I:
   1. read https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255
   2. logged into one of the Google accounts via web browser
   3. confirmed backup email address
   4. tried changing one of the accounts in Evolution to "OAuth2
      (Google)" in both receive and send configurations (didn't
delete
      and re-do the account)
   5. got Google Mail Authentication request within an Evolution
email
      request
   6. entered email address to web page presented by Google web
server
      (window shows the URL of the server - nice confirmation)
   7. entered password to similar page
   8. chose to Allow trust of Evolution
   9. disabled "Less secure app access" in that Google account
I was able to send and receive emails using that account after that.
found Evolution's handling of OAuth2 easy to follow. It just worked.

I changed my second Gmail account an hour or two later the same way.

I should have reported my Evolution version:  3.40.4-1ubuntu2 (a deb
not a flatpak).  Running on Pop!_OS Linux 21.10.

--
Robert McDonald