Re: [Evolution] GMail & OAuth?

On Fri, 2022-03-04 at 21:36 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:

You can either provision the account using Gnome Online Accounts or
when you create the account in Evolution and give it a gmail.com
address it will set all the correct parameters.

Thanks for that.

Will that work changing the account setup from password to OAth? I
tried that and I'm not sure it worked, but I'm sending a test message
to try to confirm that.

Quite possibly it will work, but it would probably be better to get
things "normalised" by deleting the account setup and re-doing it. It's
all IMAP really, so all your mail is on the server so everything will
be restored

I use KDE not Gnome, I expect its "Online Accounts" work just the
same,
though.  How does that fit in with Evolution?

I doubt it will work. KDE will not know about populating the accounts
in Evolution. As Patrick says, you can run the Gnome equivalent
manually.

P.