Re: [Evolution] Calendar event updates don't update reminders

On 2022-07-22 at 10:44 -0400, Matt Connell wrote:
How do I get event *reminders* to update when I update the event?

Oftentimes, I have a calendar event change times, to be either
delayed
or start early.  I can update the calendar event manually or via the
email corresponding to the event, but the reminders mechanism doesn't
seem to "get the memo" so to speak, and will fire off at the
originally
scheduled time.

What's the best fix for this?  Do I just need to restart the
Evolution Data Server?

Thanks!

Hi Matt

Which kind of calendar are you using?

I have seen this many times with EWS (particularly noticeable with
recurring events), so I can confirm it does happen as stated (unless it
has been fixed on a newer version than the old one I'm usually seeing
it at)
However, restarting evolution-data-server, evolution-calendar-factory
or even the whole machine won't make a difference.

evolution 3.46 will have some fixes regarding reminders, see
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/234 but
I'm not sure if it will solve this issue.

Regards