Re: [Evolution] Restoring Evolution

On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 10:44 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Is backup-restore-gsettings.ini only generated when you create a
backup or is it part of the usual operation of Evolution?

        Hi,
it's created by the backup/restore only.

Also, mine is over 2Mb, is that normal?

Not really. I guess you receive reminders, but you do not dismiss them,
at least not within the evolution-alarm-notify. Some desktop
environments (like the GNOME) make it hard to spot pending reminders
due to hidden/non-existent system tray.

When you set in Evolution Edit->Preferences->Calendar and Tasks->
Reminders->Display Reminders window with notifications, then the next
time a reminder will trigger you'll see a window, which, I guess, will
be full of past events.

There is filled a bug for it:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/234
The used workaround there is something I do not like, but it's at least
something which will cleanup the setting for users whom do not have
better choice (and whom do not know about the growing setting).

        Bye,
        Milan