Re: [Evolution] Restoring Evolution

On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 11:22 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2022-08-31 at 09:57 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
In the past, when the config
was stored in dconf, it was a bit more complicated since the dconf
keys needed to be dumped and then backed up. But now everything is
stored in .config/evolution.

      Hi,
for what it's worth, most of the things in the Preferences (and in
other parts) are still stored in the GSettings, which usually means
DConf, which the backup/restore does back up and restore. Without that
the tweaks the users do in the Preferences would be lost.

Sorry, I was looking for where those settings were backed up but
couldn't find it.  I thought it would be under .config but I now see
that it's under .local/share.

Is backup-restore-gsettings.ini only generated when you create a backup
or is it part of the usual operation of Evolution?  Also, mine is over
2Mb, is that normal?

P.