[Evolution] Restoring Evolution

Friends: I have been trying to restore yesterday's Evolution backup and get the message:

File “/home/ij/Downloads/evolution-backup-20220828.tar.gz” is not a valid Evolution backup file.

I created the backup file yesterday with Evolution's backup function, and I'm running the restore command from Evolution, but it's a restored version from a 2020xxxx.tar.gz file.  (I mistakenly thought restoring the data from that 2020 file would simply add to the existing Evolution system; instead I replaced all my current data with that from the 2020 file.)

I'm running Evolution 3.44.1-Oubuntu1 in Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS, on a generic Intel Pentium CPU G4400.    When I created yesterday's backup, I put it in (backed it up to) an external USB hard drive. Thinking that might be the problem, I copied and pasted it to the local /home/ij....  folder.

Please help!!!
IJ