Re: [Evolution] Potential Issue casued by Update

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 01:10 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

What does

   xdg-mime query default 'x-scheme-handler/mailto'

say?  It should point to the desktop file that is used to start
your
copy of Evolution.  Mine says "org.gnome.Evolution.desktop".
That
is,
as far as I know, how Chrome handles Mailto: links.

Mine actually says:

userapp-Evolution-ZCM7LX.desktop

which I hadn't seen before. I wonder if it's a recent change. The
file
does exist under $HOME/.local/share/applications/

I have one of those under ~/.local/share as well - it seems to be a
very truncated version of the system one under
/usr/share/applications;
and much older as well. Also:

   $ grep Exec /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop
   Exec=evolution %U
   Exec=evolution -c current
   Exec=evolution mailto:
   Exec=evolution -c contacts
   Exec=evolution -c calendar
   Exec=evolution -c mail
   Exec=evolution -c memos
   Exec=evolution -c tasks

   $ grep Exec .local/share/applications/userapp-Evolution-
1UF7A0.desktop
   Exec=evolution --component=mail %u

If it works, it works.  But it looks like the system one is the more
comprehensive, newer one.

Yes, the old one dates from 2014 (!). I removed it (in fact them, as
there were several) and installed the system one as default.

poc