Re: [Evolution] Potential Issue casued by Update

On Mon, 2022-08-22 at 23:21 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2022-08-22 at 14:32 -0500, Michael Kenny via evolution-list
wrote:
My Flatpak of Evolution updated today and now my Mailto is not
working from Chrome Version 104.0.5112.101 (.deb). Chrome is set as
my default in Pop OS 22.04.1 and it worked as recently as last
night.
I changed my default email handler to Geary in POP OS and Mailto
works fine in Chrome and Firefox. When changing default email to
back
to Evolution Mailto does not work from Chrome but does work from
Firefox and any other browser I have tried. I have completely
removed
Chrome and everything relating to chrome and readded but clicking
on
a MailTo link in Chrome with Evolution as the default handler does
nothing. Any troubleshooting tips are welcome.

What does

   xdg-mime query default 'x-scheme-handler/mailto'

say?  It should point to the desktop file that is used to start your
copy of Evolution.  Mine says "org.gnome.Evolution.desktop".  That
is,
as far as I know, how Chrome handles Mailto: links.

Mine actually says:

userapp-Evolution-ZCM7LX.desktop

which I hadn't seen before. I wonder if it's a recent change. The file
does exist under $HOME/.local/share/applications/

poc