Re: [Evolution] Keeping email on the server

On Sat, 2022-08-20 at 00:10 +0200, Ángel wrote:
The way to do it in evolution is almost like that. It's just that it
is named "Save as mbox…"
It's available either on File menu or in the contextual menu when
right-clicking on an email.

Good to know.

Strictly speaking, an email in mbox format is not exactly the same as
eml (there is a harmless extra line at the top, and if the mail had
lines beginning by "From " they would be quoted) but for most
purposes (including what your ISP wanted) an mbox file would be
equivalent.
The emails in your normal Sent folder are what would be needed (Sent
emails do have less headers, since some of them are added by the mail
server itself).

Also good to know.

As for what your ISP does... I guess there is some reason to avoid
that a customer sends a large number of emails with the same subject
(that could be an indication that the account is compromised and
being used to send spam), but their implementation seems somewhat…
peculiar.

I wouldn't have thought any of my email would have contained any words
in what I would call 'a large number', so perhaps my account is
compromised.

You might be interested in migrating to a different email account on
a provider which doesn't impose such restrictions.

That would be a big step. I think, now that I have the information
y'all have supplied (thanks, guys!), I'll leave it alone until I get
another blocked email for 'spam-like' reasons, at which time I will
have the means to deal with it with the ISP.