Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 14:18 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 13:14:04 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:
Yes, I would concede that. I occasionally do that as it's a way
of
fetching mail *into* my Gmail account from another account.
However
that's a special case.

Just to add that this isn't an actual advantage of POP in itself.
It's
a "necessary evil" because Gmail doesn't support fetching via IMAP
from
a different service.

Technically yes, but it's a common default for POP to delete mail
from server
after fetching, while it's common default for IMAP to keep mail on
the
server (otherwise local and server mailbox wouldn't be in sync, which
will
cause trouble for a typical mail client), therefore POP seems better
suited
to that kind of operation than IMAP.

Agreed.

poc