Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 13:10 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 12:19 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 11:12:12 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:
We've been over this before. There's nothing stopping you from
syncing
your IMAP account to your local machine. There is *NO* advantage
using POP, and a number of disadvantages. The only reason to ever
use
it is if your mail provider doesn't support IMAP.

There is one more valid reason to use POP: if you have a main mail
account
(A) and a secondary one (B), and you want to have all messages from
account
B forwarded to account A, but account B doesn't allow to configure
forwarding.

If account A allows to configure fetching mail via POP from remote
accounts,
you can then configure some way of "forwarding" from B to A by
fetching mail
via POP.

Yes, I would concede that. I occasionally do that as it's a way of
fetching mail *into* my Gmail account from another account. However
that's a special case.

Just to add that this isn't an actual advantage of POP in itself. It's
a "necessary evil" because Gmail doesn't support fetching via IMAP from
a different service.

poc