Re: [Evolution] Evolution and gmail

Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 13:14:04 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:
Yes, I would concede that. I occasionally do that as it's a way of
fetching mail *into* my Gmail account from another account. However
that's a special case.

Just to add that this isn't an actual advantage of POP in itself. It's
a "necessary evil" because Gmail doesn't support fetching via IMAP from
a different service.

Technically yes, but it's a common default for POP to delete mail from server
after fetching, while it's common default for IMAP to keep mail on the
server (otherwise local and server mailbox wouldn't be in sync, which will
cause trouble for a typical mail client), therefore POP seems better suited
to that kind of operation than IMAP.
--
Pozdrowienia,
   Jaroslaw Rafa