[Evolution] Backport I#379 - OAuth2: Option to use browser of choice for authentication (14c0f2dc)? (Was Re: Evolution 3.44.0 (flathub) password update issue)

Hi Milan,

[...]

The OAuth2 tokens are somewhat special, they are not tight to a
specific account in Evolution, they use the user name as the unique
key, thus even if you disable the original account, the stored token
is
used with whichever account asks for it.

You can delete the token from the keyring, by using Seahorse
application, but that should not be needed, especially when the code
tells you to re-sign to the Google account, with the OAuth2 wizard.

Could you try to log in to the account in a browser? Say into
https://mail.google.com/ . I think Google can sometimes prevent login
from 3rd party apps until a single login is done in a browser.

Speaking of OAuth2 tokens, any chance of backporting 14c0f2dc to the
gnome-42 branch?

After months of not being able to use Evolution at the company I work
for (Office365 via EWS and modern authentication) because of the issue
described in

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2021-August/msg00062.html

and

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2021-September/msg00001.html

, I saw this commit, gave it a try (applied to 3.44.0), and finally was
able to successfully authenticate by using external browser. I suspect
the root cause is some issue in libsoup (I#379 mentions libsoup#184),
but regardless, our own IT organization was of no help, and without
doing the authentication outside of Evolution, our users were unable to
use Evolution for corporate email.

Just trying to avoid having to keep patched my own evolution-data-
server, or waiting 6 months for the next stable release.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-