Re: [Evolution] Use evolution to send out a list of messages from the command line

-----Original Message-----
From: dfc via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: [Evolution] Use evolution to send out a list of messages from
the command line
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 12:05:01 -0400

Is it feasible to use evolution to send out messages one at a time
via a shell script?

I would like to be able to process small lists of email and store
copies in my Outbox just as if I had sent them, one at a time, via
the GUI.

You are probably better off use the shell script to communicate
directly with sendmail or another shell program.  A scripting language
like perl, PHP, or python might also be useful.  BCC yourself to get
the messages in your inbox, then you can move them to the outbox
manually or using a rule.

Export your evolution address list as a CSV or other flat file, then
have your script parse that into the message you want to send (which is
stored as another text file).

Be aware that you need to make sure you connect to your ISPs gateway,
and that ISPs will probably have a limit on the number of msgs that can
be sent in a period of time (like, an hour).  Then a cooldown period
will apply before you can send more.